Monday, August 18, 2014

Shimmerz canvas

I have a Penguin canvas to share with you today........yes, you heard correct a Penguin, not an Owl!!!!  I think she is rather cute too :)  I have used a super long list today of Shimmerz goodies!  I didn't realise at the time how many I actually used but I just kept grabbing different ones as I built up those layers.
 
 
Shimmerz products used:
 
Coloringz in Pink Stiletto and Mandarin Mai Tai
Spritz in Carribean Sunset
Vibez in Grape Escape
Dimensionz in Pearly Gates and Witchy Poo
Enamelz in Sparklicious
Texturez in Gritty Graphite
Dazzlerz in Pucker Up Pink, Spun Sugar and Grapetastic
Inklingz in Sunkissed and Pugnacious Purple
 
 
 
 




My background started with some Modelling past on a stencil.  I had pencilled the outline of the penguin before I proceeded to paint away.
I have added a couple of fabric hearts to add more texture.  I added a little Dazzlerz to the outline to help blend in.
 







I used the Dazzlerz in Grapetastic underneath the floral embellishments.  By using the darker purple it adds more depth to the canvas.







Using a palette knife I applied Dazzlerz in Spun Sugar for the body of the penquin.  I applied it quite thick so some of the texture could still be seen.  I added another fabric heart and applied Dimensionz in Pearly Gates around the outline of it. 
 
 
 
 





Another heart and lots of texture here.
 
 
 
 





For my title, I gave it a coat of Gesso and then Sprinkled some Enamelz in Sparklicious then I added a small amount of Inklingz in Sunkissed to add the slightest of colour.








I sprinkled Sparklicious onto the flowers (once a bit of Gesso was added to the tips) to add some shine.









I added some twine and calico to the outline of the penguin to add more texture.
 
 






Lots of gorgeous Prima flowers too! 
 
 
 



  1. Thanks for dropping by!
  2. Hugs xo

3 comments:

Romy said...

Gosh, this is so girly and sweet! That penguin turned out beautiful and I just love all the pink and orange that you incorporated!

Brendaxx said...

Wow! This is so beautiful!! Love the bright colors, the texture in the background and the cute little penguin. Too adorable!!

Lizzyc said...

Oh she is gorgeous! love the colors... very sweet!